What the ear hears (and doesn't) : inside the extraordinary everyday world of frequency / Richard Mainwaring.
- ISBN: 9781728259369
- Physical Description: 299 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Publisher: Naperville, Illinois : Sourcebooks, 
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
In 2011, without warning, a skyscraper in South Korea began to shake uncontrollably and was immediately evacuated. Was it an earthquake? A terrorist attack? No one seemed quite sure. The actual cause emerged later: Twenty-three middle-aged Koreans were having a Tae Bo fitness class in the office gym on the twelfth floor. Their beats had inadvertently matched the building's natural frequency, and this coincidence caused the building to shake at an alarming rate for ten minutes. Frequency is all around us, but really isn't understood. -- adapted from back cover.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Sound-waves > Miscellanea.
Sound > Miscellanea.
Electromagnetic waves > Miscellanea.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Camden County Library.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.